For foreigners to drive a car and even a motorcycle in Vietnam, a valid driver’s license issued in Vietnam as needed, as international Driver’s License is not accepted. Hence for foreigners Car rental with driver is very common. At Oriental Colours we can offer you the best selection of car rental in with driver at low rates.
Our drivers are highly trained in road safety. We always ensure that our drivers safe and skilled driving and have good local knowledge of the best routes in Vietnam as well as knowledge about the areas.
We can offer a wide range of vehicles, all in the range from 4 to 40 seat vehicles, which will be Sedan, SUV, MPV for individual, family needs or Van, Bus for a large group of passengers. The vehicles are in kept in good condition and maintained regularly. They are comfortable, clean and luxurious. All seats are equipped with seat belts and we also provide equipment for children’s safety.
- Driver, minimum 5 years of experience and English Speaking.
- 24/7 customer service
- Well maintained and air conditioned vehicle
- Gasoline, Driver compensation and driver accommodation,
- All Toll fees and parking fees
- Water bottles
- Tour guide and gratitude.
- Park Fees and Entrance fees unless they are park of tour package.
- Personal expenses.
How to convert foreigners’ driving liscense to Vietnamese one?
Foreigners or Vietnamese overseas citizens who hold a foreign driving license must convert it into a Vietnamese equivalence if they wish to drive in the country.
What are procedures required?
An application dossier for converting a foreign driving license includes:
- An application for changing driving license (download the form here), confirmed by the organization/agency they are working for or the local authority where they are living;
- A copy of your existing driving license (presenting an original one for checking) with a translated and notarized version into Vietnamese by a public notary place
- A copy of valid passport with the photo page and visa page (presenting the passport for checking)
- 03 color passport photos with size 3×4 cm
After you prepare all these papers, just submit them at the Office of Traffic and Public Works at 16 Cao Ba Quat Street (Hanoi) or 63 Ly Tu Trong Street (Ho Chi Minh).
Processing time and Fee:
- The processing time of a driver license takes 5 working days.
- The processing fee is 30,000 VND
What if I do not apply for a Vietnamese driving license?
We strongly recommend you must hold a Vietnamese driving license or temporary license converted from international driving permit because the penalty for not holding a driving license when you drive can be harsh: from 3 years up to 10 years in prison if causing accidents, and even 20-year sentence if accidents causing death.
For more details related to procedures on obtaining a driver license in Vietnam, please check out the official website of the Department of Transport!